cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tools for tracking calls around Call Manager

wrightmp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, does any one know of any tools for tracking calls within Call Manager. Sometimes it would be extremely useful to track how a call is being routed around and where is looping out, or even how the call is being tagged with DDI or CLI information. We are Using CM 3.3.3.

There is a Call Monitoring tool in Unity which will show all calls arriving into the ports of Unity. I was looking for a simular tool with in Call Manager.

We have had a look at the Monitoring tool within Serviceabilty, Tools - these are great , but I have not been able to find a page which will track a call as it bounces around the system.

Any Ideas Much Appreciated.

Regards Mark.

7 Replies 7

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

If you are looking for some information on tracking your gateway usage, CAR/ART will do . CallManager stores call information in the CDR (Call Detail Record) database. First you have to enable CDR in the Service Parameters. Then you need to install CAR (CDR Analysis and Reporting) by going to Application->Install Plugins. Once this is set up, CDR data will be copied into CAR midnight.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/admin/admin_rp/1_1_1/user_gd/index.htm

I was really looking for a real time tool which would monitor how a call traversed around call manager. For example when a call jumps from a translation to a forward on busy then onto a number of voice ports and finally is dropped as it has exceeded the hop count. Sometimes it is hard to know why a call is being dropped. Any ideas??

Regards Mark

I would recommend Integrated Research's Prognosis IP Telephony Manager. Monitors calls real time.

-r

Where do you get this??

Thanks for your help Guys.

Regards Mark

Thank enveryone for the info,- most useful. Kind Regards Mark

check here

www.ir.com

-rob