Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Tools to monitor VoIP Metrics

Hi fellow VoIP lovers

There were some conversations about this but not with this level of detail:

I want to monitor all aspects about VoIP quality like:

Jitter, Packet loss, delay, MOS / R-Factor (even PESQ if possible).

I'm looking for tools that can be used by:

-Field engineers (installing,

baselining and troubleshooting VoIP networks). These are typically active tests based on traffic generation.

-NOC (monitor and react). I mean, something that can be just sniffing all traffic (passive analysis) and based on this calculate similar VoIP quality metrics and be integrated into a central monitoring and reporting system.

Which tools do you guys know and can recommend (based on an average budget)?

So far I tested IxChariot and seems ok for active tests. Have no alternative for the NOC.

I know about many other tools that I haven't tested like:

NetIQ, Telchemy VQMon, Radcom OmniQ, Acterna, Brix, Opticom, Agilent, Psytechnics, Finistar, Prognosis, Psytechnics, GL Packet Scan & Gen, Opticom, etc. Does anyone sounds familiar to you? Any recommendations?

The new Cisco SLA RTP agent included in 12.4 looks nice but I don't have routers in all locations.

1 REPLY

Re: Tools to monitor VoIP Metrics

Hi!

We recently had a demo from a company called Qovia. They have sensors that are placed on the network and collect data and report it back to a Qovia central server. We were very impressed with their system and the amount of monitoring it can do, especially at the network level. Check them out at www.qovia.com. They sent and engineer and a sales rep to us for a demo of their equipment.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content