cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking a phone that came into our system

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I'm wondering if there is a way to track a number that has come into our system and who the call went to from the outside into call manager, the call would be about 2 weeks old.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You sure can as long as you have CDR Insert service enabled, you can either view it from CDR Application, or directly in CDR database on Publisher server. If CDR services have not been enabled then the only way would be to look through ccmtrace files, which if you are unfamiliar with might be difficult to read.

Chris

I do have it enabled. Which section would I look for this number?

The easiest thing to do would be to run a query against CallDetailRecord in CDR database, for example

SELECT * FROM CallDetailRecord WHERE (callingPartyNumber = 'XXXXXXXXXX')

where XXXXXXXXX is the ANI of the caller, if you also know the final destnation you could include it in the query, such as

SELECT * FROM CallDetailRecord WHERE (callingPartyNumber = 'XXXXXXXXXX') AND

(finalCalledPartyNumbe = 'XXXX')

You could also include date if you know when this happened.

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help, One last questions, when I run this one of the column names is "datetimeorigination' but i'm having problems converting this time, cisco is saying http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/3_2/cdr.htm. I just can't seem to get the time to match up with the times I called in on. Do you or anyone else have experience with this?

You have to convert the time to Unix Time Format, here a link to a tool that will allow you to do that.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: