cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking missing VMEs

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a DowNet user that never received her voicemails and emails on those missing voice messages - I see a lot of "unaddressed messages" in the "Example Administrator" mailbox but they do not tell me what phone number/email address I need to forward them off to - is there a way to track these messages to see who they need to go to?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

If those messages bounced back (i.e. an outside caller left a message for a user and it couldn't be delivered for some reason) they should be NDRs sent to the Unaddressed Messages Distribution lists (of which Example Administrator is the default recipient... you really should have another real admin in there at least). If you open the message up it should have another message "tucked" inside it that'll indicate who it was heading.

if the're just regular messages delivered straight to the Example Administrator, they could be messages left for the interviewer or another box that the Example Administrator was left as the default recipient or something and these have nothing to do with the missing messages you're looking for.

I'm betting at least some of them are NDRs and you can open them to get at the delivery info...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

90% of the emails are from "Unity Messaging System" to "Unaddressed Messages" and the 'subject' line states the phone number or extension where the voice message came from - Is there another way to track these back on who they need to be forwarded onto? There is NO additional insert to these emails besides the voice.wav file.

Laurie L. Burns
EDS - Dow Unity Messaging Team
MS 3N
1075 W. Entrance Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

(+01-248-754-7689 (8-355)
*mailto:Laurie.Burns@eds.com
*mailto:LBurns@Dow.com

Not applicable

When a message is taken from an outside caller and Exchange rejects the delivery (mailbox is full, not available, no longer exists, whatever) it's bounced back to the Unity Messaging System Account as an NDR and it forwards it to the Unaddressed Messages DL (the DL it sends to can be configured in the registry, but it defaults out of the box to UnaddressedMessages).

If these messages are not NDRs, as you seem to be describing, it must be callers leaving the DL messages directly. If any object in the database is setup with the unaddressed messages DL as it's recipient, this is what you'd be getting. You can check for this fairly quickly using the BulkEdit tool for at least call handlers... run a report to see if any handlers have that DL setup as their recipient. You'll need to check interview handlers as well... that's the only thing off the top of my head that I can think of that would result in this type of behavior.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff,

I want to do this to deal with a similar issue I am experiencing here at work, but it's a politically charged environment and they won't let me just install a utility on our production Unity box.

The docs. you include on answermonkey for BulkEdit do not show how to run a report. Can you at least post something that I can print out to put my bosses at ease? Something that says how to run a report, that it won't make any changes, blah-blah.

Sorry, I know this is annoying, just trying to work with the system here. . .