Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

transcoder and conference ports resetting on WS-X6608-T1

I have CCM version 3.3(2) and CAT OS 7.6(2). When I register ports on the WS-X6608-T1 as transocding or conference resources, all they do is sit there and reset constantly. Anyone seen this and know a work-around. I checked for bugs and couldn't find any.

Here is what the switch spits out on the console:

"003 Sep 26 14:20:15 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 6/6 got reset asynchro

nously"

I can register the ports as T1 digital getways with no problems.

9 REPLIES
Silver

Re: transcoder and conference ports resetting on WS-X6608-T1

Check out this page, it says:

Another common problem is that the port is not configured correctly on the Cisco CallManager host. A typical error is incorrectly entering the MAC address of the elvis. If this is the case, you will probably continuously get the following on the NMP console every two minutes:

2000 Apr 14 19:24:08 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

2000 Apr 14 19:26:05 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

2000 Apr 14 19:28:02 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/pri_troubleshooting.html

Blue

This is may be your issue though it is describing gateways. Are you on SpB?

I also had this problem, put the Sniffer on it, and saw it was trying to TFTP the .bin using a truncated file name so I just made a copy with the short filename and it worked.

CSCdz72250 Bug Details

Symptoms

When the gateway starts booting,POST(Power on-self test)gets executed. If the gateway is being configured freshly for the first time or the flash of

the gateway holds an earlier version compared to the POST file appearing in the CCM application,the GW will request(TFTP) from the TFTP path.If the required

.bin is not fo @und then, the GW keeps resetting(after timeout)

Condition

Use a freshly configured gateway and try resetting.

Workaround

Apply 3.3(2)spC, or:

3.3 Device Package 6 (contained in 3.3(2)spC)

Steps To Reproduce

The gateway keeps resetting when it tries to request(TFTP) the POST load(D007C030.bin) from the TFTP path of the CallManager.

I can obtain the TFTP file no problem. The module boots fine and gets it's image. I can successfully register all the ports as T1 PRI gateways. The problem comes when I try to make some of the Transcoder or conference resources. That is when they just sit there and reset.

Blue

When you configure the port as a transcoder or conference bridge, it TFTPs a different load than the one used for a gateway. How do you know it is successfully loading?

I went to service pack C and no change. Do you recall the file name that you saw on the sniffer? I don't have a sniffer handy. I'll just change the filename in the TFTP path as you did.

Thanks.

Blue

If this is the same issue, a C0010301.bin for the conference bridge, and M0010301.bin for the transcoder. Just make a copy of the load file you want to use (check the system default)with the short name, and make sure you restart the TFTP service before trying it.

Thanks for the info. I just went to an (8) flavor of CAT OS and it solved my problem. I'll keep your work-around in mind for those customers of mine who cannot upgrade their switches for whatever reason.

I see multiple variations of the files in TFTPpath.

I have M00103010007, M00103010008, M00103010009

Also, C00103010007, C00103010008

Which ones should I copy and rename to M0010301 and C0010301.

Thanks.

Definitely a firmware issue. I had the same one in 3.2.2.c as well. Cisco has this documented. I will try and lookup the firmware versions I used to correct it prior to upgrade to 3.3.3

Views
Helpful
Replies