Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transcoder in a different region from CCM

Hi,

I have a Central Office with an Ip telephony solution. CCM 3.3.4 SR2, and IPCC 3.1.3. I have branch offices with SRST and IP phones. I've upgraded PVDMs on those routers. Then I configured sccp an dspfarm commands and I've registered a new Xcode and Confbridge in the CCM of the central office. Then I configured the MRG & MRGL. Then the device pool. Once everything is done, I see the xcode and the confbridge registered to the CCM with the MAC address of the F0/0 of the remote GW.

The point is that once that a phone on the remote office wants to call to IPCC (g711 - central office) or to make a conference, nothing happens.(fast busy tone)

I don't see active sessions in the remote dspfarm.

And if I configure a local GW with DSPFARM in the same LAN of the CCM, using the same configuration everything works fine.

What's the problem with the branch office???maybe as it registers with the remote MAC address to the CCM in other LAN, and then in the WAN the GW does not sends MAC addresses, so then it doesn't works.

Any idea?????

4 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: Transcoder in a different region from CCM

Hi

The reason you get fast busy is that IPCC isn't going to take a G729 call.

If you put an XCODE on the remote site it won't be brought into the call, as the phone supports G729 the XCODEr isn't required

You need the XCODE in whichever site/region the IPCC sits in, so the call can come over the WAN as G729, be XCODED to G711, and then sent to IPCC as G711.

The same applies to conferences - the IP Media Streaming App on callmanager will accept and mix only G711, so you need a transcoder on the region/site that the CallManager sits in.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thanks so much for tour answer.

In adition, do you have any usful link about this issue??

Thanks a lot,

Orlando.

Super Bronze

Hi Orlando

The IPT SRNDs have good info on this and other related subjects:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008044750d.html#wp1068328

It's all worth reading...

Regards

Aaron

Please take the time to rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I really appreciate your help!

I've rated your post, Idk what's going on with this rate, because it doesn't appear.

Have a nice day,

Orlando

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content