Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

transcoder/Soft phone

What is the value of the device pool in configuring a transcoder. What purpose does it serve.

What is the resource weight of a SoftPhone in CM 3.1 and how many SoftPhones can be supported by CM.

4 REPLIES

Re: transcoder/Soft phone

Since Softphone is just the software, there might not be any restriction on the number of Softphones supported by CM. It could be just that the limitation of the Call Processing of the CM.

And as for the device weight of Softphone is considered, guess, it is available somewhere on www.cisco.com.

Hi,

Device Pools are groupings of common charecteristics for a device...no weight

CM 3.1

Max device units per server 5000 this includes 2500 IP phones weighted at 1 each on a MCS 7835 1000.

Now this has changed I believe with The newer serevers with more CPU grunt handle more!!!

As you moght be aware cluster sizes have changed in regard to phones per cluster only due to the fact of processing power.

The limitation is their is a basline if you go over you may or maynot have issues due to lack of resources memory etc...

WEIGHTINGS....

The weight of a softphone is 20

IP phone 1

Software MTP 3 max 48 48 x 3 =144 total

CTI rp/port 20

Hardware conference 3

Tranconding 3

Intercluster trunk 3

Allan

WHere did you get these numbers? The reason that i ask is that i have a client that is can only authenticate about 150 softphones per server.,They have a 4 node cluster and are deploying 1000 softphones. According to the IP TEL design guide (page 293)Standalone Cisco IP SoftPhone

(no associated IP phone)

2 for each line appearance Base weight is for each CTI port line appearance.

The 20 makes sense with the issue that i am seeing, if the 2 is correct i have a problem!

check out the design guide, under the call process -> device weight:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns268/c649/ccmigration_09186a008017bb4a.pdf

CTI agent phone is with a weight of 6

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content