Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

transfer a call directly into a persons mailbox

Is it possible to program the "Action Buttons" on the WebAttendant console? I'm using CM 3.2, there are at least 3 buttons that have no functionality behind them. I would like to have a more automated way for the receptionist to transfer a call directly into a persons mailbox. The current method:

Transfer

#

pause

Extension

#

Transfer

is far to cumbersome and has a propensity to fail if the receptionist doesn't have their timing right. Another option would be a better way to do it right form the phone. I don't think I've ever used a PBX system that had this complicated of a method to drop a call directly to a persons voicemail.

My thought would be to have one button that combines <Transfer - Messages - # - pause>

enter the extension

the another button that combines <# -2 -Transfer>

- Jim

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: transfer a call directly into a persons mailbox

I don't think there is much you can do on the callmanager side. I have seen customers do somethings on the unity side. Let's say my phone is extension 15636 and I have mailbox 15636. In unity I create a call handler with extension 05636. I tell it to a message and deliver it to 15636 mailbox. Then in callmanager I setup a cti route point of 0xxxx and call forward all to the unity pilot. This way I should be able to transfer directly to a persons vmail. I have never done this personally that is why I am kinda vague. Just wanted to get the procedure across and you can see if this will work better for you.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Community Member

I thought about doing that from the Unity side but gave up on the idea because it would be an awful lot of up front work. I understand that in the current release (I'm on CM 3.2) there is not much I can do to manipulate the softkey buttons on the phone. Do you have any idea if there is any hope in manipulating the "Action Buttons" in WebAttendant?

- Jim

Community Member

What we did for direct VM transfer took a fair amount of upfront time, but it works. We set up CTI route points for every extension. Under the CTI router point, we created a Directory Number (DN) starting with * (asterisk) and followed by the extension number. The Voice Mail box number for the DN is the normal extension number. The DN is set to forward all calls to voice mail. Example - My extension number is 6350. If somebody wants to transfer directly to my VM, they dial *6350. This is easy for the phone coverage person to remember.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content