cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer a caller to Unity without ringing subscriber (pre 3.2.2 SPD)

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a way to do this prior to release 3.2.2 SPD? Is it configured on the CCM, Unity or both?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best mechanism for this is to have the switch do it which is what's described in the tech tip for the 3.2.2 SPD you refer to - this is how other systems out there normally do "direct to voice mail" transfers since connecting to the voice mail and then routing the call to a voice mailbox while over riding the transfer takes extra key strokes.

There are several tech tips that cover ways to do this (including the CM routing item noted above). Head to the all tips page here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Software:Unity&viewall=true

then go down to the "Administration and Call Routing" section - you'll find four tips out there for ways to send callers directly to voice mail without ringing the phone.

Thanks, my customer does not want the simplified version because they don't want to have to retrain their employees on how to do it. It used to work for them by hitting transfer, then messages button, then #, then the extension and finally transfer again. I'll breeze through the tech notes to figure out how to do this. Thanks!

Well, what they describe is exactly what one of the tech tips talks about so I'm unsure where the confusion is here...

You hit the messages button it'll ask you for your password - you hit # you end up at the opening greeting - you hit the extension FOLLOWED BY "#2" to over ride the transfer and then release the call.

You have to include the #2 to skip the transfer - this has always been that way and would not have been different for them using the instructions they describe.

What they are talking about is just about the most crude way to go about this but should work providing you supplied the #2. If they are claiming they didn't have to they are mistaken. I can assure you, that's necessary if the subscriber's are setup to ring phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: