Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a communication to one external attendant console line

Hi all,

I have some user that can't dial mobile phone extension.

I wondered if the attendant can give them the access to an external lines of its, external lines that can dial mobile phone extension.

user --> Attendant --> hold

Attendant --> 0 (to engage an external line) --> transfer to the hold connections

Sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance.

Maurizio.

3 REPLIES

Re: Transfer a communication to one external attendant console l

Maurizio,

It sounds like maybe you have set restrictions for certain users and you would like for it to be handled by the operator.

This can be done by assigning appropriate Calling Search Space to the users. There is some complex design and configurations required to get that working correctly.

Good luck

*** www.iptnetworkers.com ***

Thank you very much for your reply.

My problem is that the operator can't forward a communication with a user on one line of its, but only on another communication.

But I don't want that the operator dial the number for the user, an then when the communication is on forward it .... it's sufficient that the operator give a line to the user..... a line with a CSS more "powerful" , so the customer can call who could not with his line...

I beginning to think that it is impossible... but the customers want the same possibilities that they had with the old system.

Maurizio.

We are doing what you described. As another post indicates, it has complexity.

We use two VG-200's: one for users with "unrestricted" outbound access; the other for "restricted" users. Adtran Atlas 550 terminates PSTN connection; each VG has separate connection to Adtran; this allows secondary dial-tone for "restricted" users. Wrap up it all up with CSS's...and it works. This isn't detailed, but may give you or your provider a general direction.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content