cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer & Caller Input

akerr1527
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are running 2.4.5.66. I have users that want to have callers to be able to "zero out" to another subscriber. I have accomplished this using "Attempt to Transfer. Here is the question can I have Unity do a Supervised transfer when the caller zero outs to the other subscriber. I tried to set the subscriber to Supervised Transfer in the Call Transfer page but to no avail.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Yeah, you should be able to do this. You would have to select the DTMF key (0, in this case), pick the subscriber you want, and make sure that under "Conversation" on the "Subscriber Selection" screen, it says "Attempt transfer for".

Given the subscriber you have selected is set up for supervised transfer, this should work.

If your system is configured this way and does not work, how is it not working? What happens? What does the caller hear?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I did what you suggested and this did not help. The call is released back to the Call Manager when the caller presses 0. If the call is not answered upon being transfered, (three rings) it is not "recalled" back to the Voice Mail box that originally transfered it. Instead the call just follows the call forward path of the target extension. Just from these symptoms I can tell that the call is being released back to the Call Manager. Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing?

Not applicable

Well there are two Unity subscribers that we are dealing with; SubscriberA provides the caller input choices, and SubscriberB actually is doing the transfer. If subscriberB is set for supervised transfer and it appears that the transfer is turning into a release transfer, then there is a problem.

Following this example, what happens if a caller dials SubscriberB's DTMF ID directly from Unity's auto-attendant (without getting there from SubscriberA's caller input)?

Does it make a difference if the caller that Unity is trying to transfer is an external or internal caller?

If the caller is an internal caller, and they transfer to SubscriberB's extension via the Unity auto-attendant, what do they hear after the transfer? Ring-back? Hold-tones?

Is the target extension of the transfer an IP phone?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems