Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transfer from ip phone to ip phone provides no Ringback to caller

Running unity 3.1 and callmanager 3.3 on an ics 7750. When a call comes in and then is transfered to another extension without waiting for the person at that extension to answer, the phone just rings one time. You can see the call on the display but the phone only rings once. During this process there is no hold music to the caller once transfer is pressed the second time. There is also no ringback heard by caller. So if this phone has forward no answer to another extension then the caller can have dead air for quite a long time. Anyone experienced this?

6 REPLIES

Re: Transfer from ip phone to ip phone provides no Ringback to c

I have just got a simlar issue. I also have CM3.3 and Unity 3.1 but not on the 7750. Issue is:

user forwards calls from an IP phone to an analogue line on a HDA card (as its a walkabout phone). when called internally, there are no problems. But when called from an outside line, there is no ringback. I am looking into this now though I don't suspect its the CM3.3 more an IOS related issue. Is the phone you forward to analogue or another IP phone?

sorry I just notice you question was IP phone to ip Phone.

I did see some comments and decent links about the type of problem you have. Try a search on 'no ringback' which should throw up some help.

I sorted my out via

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/ringback.html#progresstones

regards Russ

I will look through that article for a solution. The problem is when a call somes into the gateway from the outside and then is transfered (not screened) to another IP phone. There is no ringback to caller from time its transfered to time it is answered, even if it is transfered again because of a no answer or a busy. I have also seen this problem when a call comes into the gateway and is then transfered from an IP phone to a Call handler, then back out again.

I have yet to test this till later today, but I think this should solve my issue (thanks to R.horvath for the article).

From the perspective of the Cisco IOS gateway/router, the call is completed once the call is answered by an IP phone (through Cisco CallManager) or Unity Voice Mail system. Any further progress tones (in case of a call transfer) should be generated by the terminating device. However, Cisco CallManager and Unity are not capable of generating the in-band progress tones.

Solutions

To solve this problem you can either follow the steps outlined below, or configure the Cisco IOS gateway/router as an MGCP gateway, instead of an H.323 gateway.

First you must have CallManager 3.0 (8) or higher.

From the CallManager Administration page go to the Service menu and select Service Parameters.

Perform the following steps to each active CallManager server:

In the Configured Services box select Cisco CallManager.

In the Param drop-down list box select ToSendH225UserInfoMsg.

Set the Value drop-down list box to T for true.

Upgrade the router/gateway Cisco IOS to version 12.2 (2.4) or higher.

This problem is documented in DDTS software bug CSCds11354.

Note: These fixes are valid for ringback tones, but not for other progress tones, such as busy signal.

hi

it mostly looks as a codec issue at the gateway or even a transcoding issue for Moh. check the codec when you hv incoming calls & try to add the voiceclass codec with all the codes in preferences. this shud sort the issue of no ringback tone or Moh for ext. users.

Is the codec changed in CM or on the gateway? How do I go about checking the codec?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content