cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer from Unity and Pager Notification

vcornett
Level 1
Level 1

<br><br>My issue is when Unity transfers a caller to a subscriber extension (either from the opening greeting, directory handler, or after leaving a voice mail) the IP Phone never rings, it just goes straight to voice mail. <br><br><br>Issue # 2:<br><br>I have seen in the forum mention of pager notification issues. In my case Unity will dial the pager but I can never get more than one digit to display on the pager. I have increased the "seconds before dialing extra digits" and it makes no difference. Is this the same issue that is on the forum?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Vince<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

I assume in at least one scenario on your first issue there you’re transferring control to another call handler which you’ve setup to do a transfer to an extension (i.e. you can’t transfer directly to an extension as an after message action). The most common mistake I see there is folks leave the “send to greeting” default selected instead of using the “attempt transfer” option in the “send caller to” interface.

The 2nd most common problem is they have transfer setup for their standard transfer rule but the alternate is enabled (which over rides the standard and off hours rules) and transfer is not turned on. I usually have people enable the alternate and test with that to rule out any schedule or precedence issues here.

If that’s not the case, are you doing release or supervised transfers? Are calls bouncing back to us on another port (i.e. Call Manager is throwing the call back at us instead of trying the extension)? You can check this using StatusMonitor (either the web based one or the more robust EXE you’ll find under the Commserver\TechTools directory).

For #2, this is a known problem you’re seeing and we’ll be addressing it with an updated AvSkinny.TSP version shortly. I’ll post a message out here when it’s available for folks to download (it’s under test in the lab at the moment).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Ok. I have figured out what the problem was. Under "Subscribers" and "call transfer" the transfer rule was set to "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)". I changed this to "ring subscriber at extension .." and I tried the transfer scenarios again and it worked, although I got no call progression tones (i.e. silence on the calling end) the IP Phone was ringing. Is that a known issue with CM 3.08 and Unity 2.4.6.102?

I misunderstood what Call Transfer applied to. I am still not exactly sure I understand it.

I did not have a call handler set up to transfer as an after message action. After Unity takes the message it says "to send your message press 1 ", I pressed 1 Unity says "message sent" then "if you would like to try an extension you may do so now" and then I would dial an extension.

The other transfer was from the opening greeting either by dialing the extension when Unity answered or by going through the directory handler and selecting a subscriber.

Thanks for the info on the pager issue.

Where are you originating the call from? If it is going through an IOS gateway, then this is a known issue. I dont have the bug ID in my pocket right now, but I will post it when I find it.

-Dustin

Are you referring to the no call progression tones (cpt)?

If so, I get no cpt for in building IP phones, i.e., an IP phone user dials another IP phone user and gets voice mail, then decides to dial another extension, the call transfers but you hear no ringback tones.

Same problem with calls originating from the PSTN. For example a PSTN caller calls the operator in our building (who has an IP phone), the operator transfers the person or puts the person on hold, that person will hear no ringback or hold tone.

Thanks for the bug Id when you find it.

For those in the audience that have been waiting with anticipation, CSCds11354 and CSCds87266 address the no ringback-on-transfer problem with IOS(H.323) gateways.

There are 2 bugs because it needs to be fixed in both IOS and in CallManager. The CallManager bug has been fixed, the IOS side has yet to be resolved.

-Dustin

Is there a date that this will be fixed from the IOS gateway side of things? I have four customers complaining about this and would just like to know.

Thanks
Ryan