Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Transfer Message

When you use a call handler to transfer a call you recieve an annoying message from the unity lady that states "Please hold while i transfer your call." <br>Is there a way to change or delete this? <br><br><br>Northrop Grumann<br>Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+<br>Phone: 512-633-5396<br>Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transfer Message

check out the 2nd part of this post:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=7129&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=transfer your call&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=3747

it talks about replacing the system prompt you're talking about with a blank prompt (don't ever just delete a prompt or the conversation will get real unhappy).

Be aware this is not TAC supported and that prompt will get replaced with it's defualt on a Unity upgrade.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

That's great! The only problem is now they like the idea of of just changing the phrase.
So what i was thinking is i could have them record an alternate greeting with the message they want to say. Then copy the greeting from its folder to \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvPHGreet\
and then rename it to AvPhGreetENU005.WAV then delete the alternate greeting.

3 questions:
Is this a viable solution?

Where is the folder that the alternate greeting will be stored. (i take it that depends on the subscriber i am recording the greeting from) i.e. c:\subscriber\greetings

Once i create a greeting i have had no success at deleting the greeting. Therefore I don't think the system would like me just deleting the .wav file would it?

Any other problems that you foresee would be appreciated as well...

Northrop Grumann
Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+
Phone: 512-633-5396
Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

Anonymous
N/A

all greetings and voice names for subscribers and call handlers are stored in \commserver\streamfiles. You can find it fairly easily but I wouldn't go that route. Record the greeting in the SA then just select "Copy to File" from the menu on the little drop down arrow on the media master control. Save it where you want and go from there.

There shouldn't be a problem with this, just don't go overly wild. Remember, all these changes will be wiped out when you upgrade, even a minor upgrade.

Not sure what you mean by deleting a greeting... you don't need to delete it at all, you can just deactivate the greeting or set it to "blank" or whatever. there's no provision to remove it entirely from the hard drive (the over head here is minimal). If you're really concerned about it record a blank greeting and save it, this will write over the file created with a nearly empty one.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanks that worked great!

Northrop Grumann
Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+
Phone: 512-633-5396
Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

Views
Helpful
Replies