Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transfer Option with SRST

I have a T1 to the PSTN in my SRST Router and when I make an outgoing call, the transfer key is not in effect before the called party answers. That is a problem for my recepcionist because she has to wait all the way until the party answers before she can transfer that call to anyone requesting it.

Anyone assists me with this?

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Transfer Option with SRST

Hi Jose,

If I understand you correctly, you would like the Receptionist to be able to place a call and then do a transfer to someone else while the call is ringing without having to wait for the called party to answer? If this is the case, there is no way to set this up as Transfer is only available on an Active/Connected call type.

If I have misunderstood you (my appologies) and you are only trying to speed up the Transfer of a call from the Receptionist to another user then try using Transfer - System - Blind rather than the parameter Transfer - System - Consult as per the following;

transfer-system {blind | full-blind | full-consult | local-consult}

Example:

Router(config-cm-fallback)# transfer-system full-consult

Defines the call-transfer method for all lines served by the Cisco SRST router.

•blind—Calls are transferred without consultation with a single phone line using the Cisco proprietary method.

•full-blind—Calls are transferred without consultation using H.450.2 standard methods.

•full-consult—Calls are transferred with consultation using a second phone line if available. The calls fall back to full-blind if the second line is unavailable.

•local-consult—Calls are transferred with local consultation using a second phone line if available. The calls fall back to blind for nonlocal consultation or non-local transfer target.

From this doc;

Cisco SRST V3.0: Setting Up Call Handling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008018131b.html#wp1349194

Hope this helps! Let me know if I am way off base.

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Re: Transfer Option with SRST

Thank you Rob, you´re right on base, this is the issue I´m talking about. The problem started when I changed my PSTN connection from analog thru a VIC-4FXO to a T1 thru a VWIC-1MFT-T1. As soon as the outgoing call started ringing in the FXO scenario, it appeared connected in the phone display and therefore with the transfer key available.

Regarding the configuration you´re suggesting, I think it applies in the fallback mode only.

As I can see, there must be a difference in how the gateway signals an analog call from a digital call thru a T1.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content