Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

transfer rules with nested call handlers...

The way that I have set up my Unity system is that I have a callmanager that transfers all incomming calls to the Unity Auto Attendant. The unity then plays an opening greeting (set to the schedule of weekdays) that gives the callers options to go to different areas of our organization. Option number one (that is set to send to call handler and attempt to transfer to) sends the caller to another call handler called "transfer to visa." This call handler is set to the active schedule of "all days and all hours". There is no message for this. It immediatly is set to transfer under the standard rules to an outside number. Under the closed rules it is set to transfer to the same number. My company has changed it's mind on how they want this to work. During business hours, they want someone who hits one on the opening greeting to be transferred to somebody inhouse. After hours, they want the call transferred to the external number. I changed the standard transfer rules so that it attempts to transfer to the internal number of 1032 and kept the closed transfer rule to transfer outside the the external number. This does not seem to work, though. Whenever I get to the opening greeting and hit one, I get transferred to the outside number. Why is it not going to the internal number during business hours.

Alan

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: transfer rules with nested call handlers...

Just reading your post here... it says the handler is set to "all hours all days" right? So the off hours rule would never trigger... which seems backwards from your description but thought I'd point it out. Check the schedule the handler is associated with here first... also make sure you didn't accidentially use the alternate transfer rule on the handler (I see this often) which would always trigger no matter what.

You didn't indicate what Unity version this is - some versions of 3.0(x) had issues where the standard rule would become disabled for greetings and possibly transfer rules (which should never be possible - the standard rule should always be on). The updated version of dbWalker on AnswerMonkey.net will check for this condition on all handlers and subscribers and fix it on the fly - but based on your description I don't think that's the case. Worth a run anyway.

Re: transfer rules with nested call handlers...

Nevermind... I found out that there was an alternate call transfer rule that needed to be disabled before my two options would work. After disabling this rule, then the during business times and after business times work. Thanks, and keep up the good work on the forum.

Alan

Views
Helpful
Replies