cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer scenario

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a client that wants the following to occur. I'm not sure of the solution.<br><br>A call is routed from the attendant to "User A". When "User A" doesn't answer the call is routed to "User B". If "User B" doesn't answer they want it to route to the mailbox for "User A".<br><br>It sounds simple, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.<br><br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Several ways you can do this but the easiest looks like this:

Set up a call handler for the first extension you want to try, say "100". Configure the call handler to do a supervised transfer to "100" for 4 or 5 rings or whatever. Enable the alternate greeting and make it "blank". In the after greeting section have it go to "try extension for" and point it at another call handler for the other extension you wan to try, say "200".

Set the 200 call handler up to also do a supervised transfer to 200. Set it's alternate greeting to enabled and make it "blank" as well. In the after greeting action have it go to "send to greeting for" and point it at the subscriber you want to take the message.

When users dial 100 in the auto attendant we will try 100 first and if that fails (busy/rna) it will immediately try extension 200. If THAT fails (busy/rna) then they will hear the greeting for the user you want to get their message.

You can also record a greeting in call handler 200 and simply set up the handler to delivery it's messages to that user (or distribution list if you want) if you want outside callers to get a different greeting going through this path than if they called the user directly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: