Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer through voip gateway not working

I can get a Call Handler to transfer to an extension within the CallManager, but when I put in a number that must go through a voip gateway, the call starts (I hear ringing on both sides), but then goes to busy, almost like a codec mismatch.<br><br>However, if I set up message notification to that same number, or any number, it works fine. One of the Unity ports is calling the number in both instances, so I don't understand why their would be a difference. I have told it to release to switch also.<br><br>Any ideas? CCM 3.09, Unity 2.4.6 Build 102<br><br><br>AVP/I.T. Director<br>The Bankers Bank<br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transfer through voip gateway not working

Can you call from the IP phone to the extension across the gateway directly? It sounds to me that Unity is successfully initiating and releasing the transfer but then CM is cutting you off.

Anonymous
N/A

Depending upon the gateway involved, the transfer can happen too fast from Unity. In the version of TSP that you are using, supervised transfers to a gateway aren't going to work too well. If it works at all, all supervised transfers will turn into release transfers.

I have seen problems with release transfers to gateways also. Unity thinks it is transferring to another skinny device, so that is how it is used to doing things. At times, Unity is just too fast for gateway (especially H.323 gateway) transfers. If you can transfer the incoming call from a phone to a device on the other side of the gateway, try this, place a comma at the end of the dial string. That will simulate "slowing things down" a bit.

I can say that us Unity folks (especially myself) have investigated both supervised and release transfer issues to and from gateways running all types of signaling protocols. We have made some changes in the TSP (sorry, those changes aren't released yet) to accomodate for such timing issues.

The comma worked, thanks.

AVP/I.T. Director
The Bankers Bank

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the feedback. I know that's not the most elegant workaround right now, but we have adjusted the TSP code for this (and the timing parameter will be configurable!) in a future version of the TSP.

Yes I can all day long. And, like I said, the Unity can call through the gateway if it's doing a phone message notification, just not while doing a transfer from a Call Handler. It really makes no sense.

AVP/I.T. Director
The Bankers Bank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content