Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Transfer to external number

I know that transferring a caller in version 2.4.6 out of Unity requires that a subscriber mailbox must exist so a dummy one must be created. The problem I have is that during a transfer to an external number offnet of CM, this transfer time can take a while so that a supervised transfer must be done with the number of dials to wait for is set to a high number. During this transfer time the originating caller basically hear's nothing and may think that the call went dead and just hang up.<br><br>Is there a way to notify the call that the call is in progress like a progress tone or background music? Even on transfers to local subscriber stations for users who are not at their desks the silence can be around 5 seconds or so. Any suggestions here? BTW, I'm using CM 3.0.11.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Dean<br><br>

4 REPLIES

Re: Transfer to external number

What type of Gateway are you using? I am guessing it is an IOS gateway.

-Dustin

Cisco Employee

Hi Dustin!

Yes, it is a 1750 and I'm using H323v2. I hear a progress tone when I'm calling from an IP telset but coming in through the 1750 there is dead silence. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dean

The problem you are running into is associated with 2 bugs.

CSCds11354 for CallManager
CSCds87266 for IOS Gateways

These two caveats allow the CallManager to tell the IOS gateway to play ringback to PSTN callers.

3.0(11) has the fix already, but you are going to need 12.2(3) or higher on the IOS gateway.

Once you upgrade your gateway, set the CM Service Parameter "ToSendH225UserInfoMsg" to True. This will enable the fix on the CM side.

-Dustin

Cisco Employee

Thanks Dustin! I'll try the fix.

Views
Helpful
Replies