cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to Operator

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ongoing problem with transfers to the Operator (WebAttendant pilot point). I believe the software versions are Unity 2.4.6(135) CM 3.0.11 and TSP 1.0.0.36. When callers zero out of a subscribers greeting to get to the operator (pilot point) about 4 out of 5 times they get a message that the "Operator is busy." This is not true and there are several ports are available. At the time, the Operator call handler was set to release to switch. Changing it to supervised transfer fixed it for now. Unfortunately, I had the same problem a few weeks ago when changing it to release to switch fixed it. At that time, supervised transfers didn't work at all.<br><br>If anyone else is having this problem and fixed it or can explain why it's happening I'd appreciate it. Thanks.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I don't see how a transfer change could fix this. If you were never hearing 'please wait while I transfer your call' then Unity was never trying to transfer the call in the first place. Were you getting that far? This sound to me like it could be more of a schedule problem.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Sorry. I try to be so explicit while keeping it short.. Yes we get the 'please wait while I transfer your call' then the tones and then it comes back and says the operator is busy.

The only way I could really tell what was going on would be to look at CallManager (CCM) traces. TSP version 3.0(3) does fix 3 different transfer issues however. You might want to check out the release notes and possibly upgrade. Of if you like you can email me a CCM trace of the failure and I can tell you what the exact problem is.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Thanks Keith, I had already thought about the TSP upgrade and printed out the release notes to read over Thanksgiving but, as it goes, I didn't get to it yet. I will work on that later today.

While it looks like I need a CCM trace to go further I do want to mention what happened last Friday. The client's Opening Greeting has two input options, transfer to a VM box or transfer to a call handler that calls a cell phone. The latter stopped working probably about the same time as the other transfer but didn't get noticed till last Friday. This call handler was working fine as a supervised transfer until about three weeks ago when I had to change it to release to switch. This time it wouldn't work in either mode. What got it going again was enabling the Alternate greeting with release to switch (FTR all modes were set exactly the same). Odd isn't it? I'll check on the TSP but to get a trace at this point would be difficult as I'd have to break it to do so.

Yeah it is odd. I can't think of a reason why that would change anything. So yeah -- a CCM trace is needed to know root cause.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

Along with the CCM traces, TSP traces can also help. With TSP 3.0.3, tracing has improved by writing to Unity's LogMgr. Details of setting and collecting the TSP traces are included in the release notes. If there is a TSP problem, we'll really need the TSP traces for a thurough debug (CallManager traces are great, but they don't show the internal workings of the TSP).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems