cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to Operator

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble transfering to the operator. I get to the point where it says it's transferring and then it just hangs up. I do have this working for after hours calls to a cell phone. In this case, the operator is located on a Call Manager and it's extension is a pilot point of a hunt group (ie. it doesn't exist as a normal exention but can be dialed by any IP phone on the network). The numbers I've tried (release to switch and supervised) are similar to:<br><br>212 - pilot point<br>250 - extention in hunt group.<br>95551212 - main number via pstn<br>9,5551212<br>97635551212<br>9,7635551212<br><br>Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Hmmm...you probably have not done anything wrong. Does the transfer fail with both external and internal callers? Does the pilot point have a calling search space and if so, is that the same as Unity's calling search space?

The pilot point can be called directly by another phone, but can a phone transfer a caller to the pilot point?

What version TSP are you running? There are some changes in TSP 1.0.0.32 that could help transfers when the calling party is traversing a gateway. Just for a quick test, try having Unity's transfer string be 2,1,2, Does that work?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I've got an update for this problem. It did start working at some point and I have no idea why but it is breaking intermittently. It isn't that Unity is breaking but that calls are not always getting to the pilot point. I had two separate phones that are not Unity subscribers. One can call the pilot point but the other cannot. The one that cannot just rings and rings and rings...

Not applicable

If for whatever reason the pilot point is busy and Unity is set to release transfer to the operator (the extension of the pilot point, right?), then I could see this causing problems.

I don't know why the pilot point would be busy, but if Unity release transfers to a busy DN that is not set to forward in a busy condition (or cannot be forwarded in a busy condition), there will be problems. I've seen the calling party get stuck in perma-hold in this condition (which could be interpreted as disconnected).

You would only be able to tell from a CallManager trace if the pilot point is busy. A possible workaround for this would be to have the Operator Call Handler do a supervised transfer. If it is already doing a sueprvised transfer, then we have more to look at. If it gets to that point, we'll probably point you to TAC.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I should have been more clear. Unity isn't the problem in this case. I guess I was hoping someone who has experienced this would respond. The Pilot point can't be reached by some IP Phones that may or may not be Unity subscribers. They can call the operator using one of the "real" extentions but that isn't good since those extentions will get a busy signal if they are in use. The Pilot Point should not get a busy unless all the extentions are busy. When we experience the problem, we get a continuous ring that the receptionist never hears. I'll post this in the IP Telephony forum at Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: