Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to VM with alternate conversation

bradwelch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

With the standard Unity conversation, you can transfer directly to VM by calling Unity, then entering an extension followed by #2. However, since changing to the alternative conversation that emulates Octel, this feature doesn't seem to work. Is these feature available using the alternate conversation and if so, does anybody know the process used to transfer to VM?

Thanks,

Brad

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The alternative conversation should have no impact on the transfer feature at all... it only affects the prompts and key mappings for the message retrieval section of the subscriber conversation, nothing else. I think maybe you have something else going on...

I agree with you, I've switched between both conversations and I still can't get the X #2 feature to transfer to VM from the Opening Greeting. Right after I dial the ext. and press the #2, Unity responds "Sorry, I did not recognize that as a valid extension". I can dial the extension from the Opening Greeting with no problems (Unity transfers me and the phone rings). Has anyone encountered this before?

Unity 3.1(4)

TSP 6.0(2)

CM 3.2(2a)

Windows 2000 sp2

Exchange 2000 sp2

Thanks,

Brad

Are you dialing it all as one number? The most common problem I see here is users dial the id, then wait, then dial #2... you need to dial it all as one continuous string of digits or Unity will execute the # and 2 as seperate imputs from the greeting of the user which is not what you want. I'd be shocked if it were broken since that conversation stuff has not changed in some time.

I hear you about dialing the extension and #2 in a single sequence. I've tried this 7 ways to Sunday and it just isn't working. This has worked on every other Unity Install I've done, this is a first. I don't know if this is a bug with 3.1(4) or something I did. Everything else seems to be working OK so I'm leaning towards bug. Has anybody tested this with 3.1(4)?

Thanks,

Brad

Brad, were you able to get this problem resolve if so please provide me with the work around that you were given. Thanks

Donald Williams

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: