Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transfer To VM

I need some assistance, in order to transfer a call directly to VM, how is this done? I found this option on the forum: In terms of transferring directly to voicemail, you could use the #2 override. when a given call handler is set up to transfer to allow transfer to extension the caller enters the extension followed quickly by #2. This will send the call directly to the user's greeting.<br>-how do you setup this up?<br>-I really need to have my client be able to send calls to VM<br>Thanks<br><br><br><br><br>Summer

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transfer To VM

It's possible to set this up in some phone systems, but for the most part it's just a manual method of transfer. Sometimes it helps to set up a phantom pilot that forwards to a call handler when Unity's auto-login feature gets in the way. This description assumes 2.4.6.x version of Unity.

Attendant has caller on the line and wants to send caller directly to subscriber's voicemail.
Attendant presses transfer key, then dials pilot number for Unity.
If the system tries to log in the attendant, attendant dials # to back out to the main greeting.
Attendant dials subscriber's extension followed by #2 to override transfer, and then releases the transfer so that the caller ends up in the subscriber's voicemail.

Some phone systems can be set up with speed dials or feature keys that can automate this process, but that's really a switch programming issue. This manual method requires some training & practice, but it's actually pretty easy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content