Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to voice mail with Attendant Console

I understand there is a way to transfer calls directly to voice mail from Attendant Console. In the AC help, it says:

Perform one of the following methods:

* Right-click the call; then, choose Voice Mail from the context-sensitive menu.

* Click the Voice Mail button on the Call Control toolbar.

* From the Actions menu, choose Voice Mail.

The problem is, none of those options even show up (there is no "Voice Mail" option in the context-sensitive menu, no "Voice Mail" button on the call control toolbar, and the keyboard shortcut does not work). I am running AC 1.2(1) with CM 3.3(2) spB. Any ideas how to make these options appear?

9 REPLIES

Re: Transfer to voice mail with Attendant Console

I configured a global xfer to send any caller to someones vm directly, I use a mask *xxxx to transfer.

Check out this feature:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/transfer_voicemail.html

This was tested with SP-D, but the config is pretty easy to setup and you can test with you ver.

I have seen this but my question had to do with why the "Voice Mail" button and menu options are not showing up in Attendant Console.

There is a file in c:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\etc

called VoiceMailProfilesExample.xml that must be modified for your Voice Mail setup, and renamed to VoiceMailProfiles.xml

Now the only issue is how to configure it. Theres a DTMF element that I think is hanging me up. I get an error every time I try to do a transfer.

"Failed to transfer to Voice Mail"

I am having the exact same issue with the same versions of Callmanager and Attendant Console. If anybody finds a fix, I would appreciate a note.

Alan

My issue is almost the same, on attempt to transfer (blind) I get "Attempt to transfer to unknown destination failed." This happens over and over again. TAC has informed me that it is bug CSCea82564 and is resolved in the Engineering Special 07. I will apply 07 as soon as I get it.

Hope that helps or at least gives you a starting off point :)

-G

Correction, the fix is now in ES08.

-G

where do you go to get that?

alan

I had to open a TAC case to get ES06 and right now from what TAC told me, they are testing ES08 and it should be released by Friday, May the 30th. TAC will post it for and you download it from a URL supplied by TAC :)

HTH

-G

I have the same problem, from where can I get ES08 and what is that.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content