Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transfer Voicemail to extension

How do I tranfer a new voicemail to an extension # without using the dial by name function. And is there a way to get a verbal confirmation of the transfer.<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Transfer Voicemail to extension

If you hit "##" you'll switch from spelling to extension and vice versa.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

dns

Recently, the ## feature has stopped working. We are using Unity 2.4.6. When you press 2 to send a message and ## to switch to the dial by name directory, it will jump to have you record and send the message. Where can I go in the system to see why this is happening? Thanks.

Eilene Pancrazio

Biovail Pharmaceuticals

eilene.pancrazio@biovailpharm.com

Cisco Employee

Most likely your "double key press time" is too short and it's picking it up as two seperate # entries instead of one double # event. This is commonly a problem on cell phones as well...

you can adjust the doublekey time using the Advanced Settings tool which you can get from AnswerMonkey.net or the CCO Utilities download page. The setting is called "Set 'double key press' time". By default it's not set which makes the system default to 250 ms. Be careful not to crank it up too high, though... 400 or 450 is about as high as I'd go on that...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content