cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer your phone using ActiveAssistant and Unit

amastroi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to set-up options while logged on to the Unity voice mail (key 4), you are given a choice to press 1 for greetings and transfer. Then your choices are, for greetings press 1, call transfer 2. If you go to option 2, the system tells you where your calls are currently being transferred , and prompts you on how to change the number. After following all the instructions, the system informs you that your calls will now go to the number you have chosen. However, it doesn't work. It doesn't work thru ActiveAssistant either.<br><br><br>What have I missed here in making this work?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Make sure your account is setup to transfer, by default it'll send callers directly to your greeting, not ring your phone first. If it is setup to transfer, what do you hear as a caller that pressed your ID? Do you hear "please wait while I transfer your call" and then it's dropped? Can you be more specific about it not working?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

amastroi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jeff,

Indeed what the customer is looking in a nutshell:

- If you select the right combination of button presses (as I had described these previously), then you get a Unity message that indicates you can choose to have all future calls to your IP phone be automatically redirected (forwarded) to Unity; i.e. the call will go to voice mail without your phone ringing.

- This is a useful feature if have left the office and have forgotten to forward your phone. Simply call Unity and select this option.

- I tried it, and it does not work, despite the fact that Unity reassures you that it is "now" enabled.

-And whether the subcriber tried to set this up from the phone or from ActiveAssistant neither work.

Not applicable

Setting transfer options through Unity does not forward or un-forward your phone. What it does do is that if some one dials your DTMF ID through the Unity auto-attendent, will the call transfer to the phone, and if so, to which extension will it transfer.

These options are completely differnt than what happens if some one calls the phone directly (like DID, not through the Unity auto-attendent). That forwarding functionality is controlled by CallManager, not by Unity.

See the difference? Is this what you were looking for?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: