Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transfering directly into a voicemail box

We are running Cisco Call Manager with Unity voicemail and I am trying to find out how I can transfer a call directly into a mailbox. Example: ext 6000 is programmed to cfbsy and noan to ext.6001, when 6000 does not get the call and 6001 answers it, can they transfer back to 6000 or a dummy number and have that call go to 6000's vm greeting?<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transfering directly into a voicemail box

I'm not quite sure I understand your scenario here but if you want to transfer a call to someone's voice mail directly without having Unity try their extension first, you have to call Unity, get to the opening greeting and dial their extension followed by #2... so 1189#2 will get you right to my greeting without having Unity try my extension first.

if that's not what you're looking for, let me know...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thats exactly what I'm looking for but when I call a ext. directly and dial #2 after it like the book instructs, the CM ignores the #2. When I transfer a call to the vm port like you suggested I get please enter your password, I dial * to back out, but can not get to the Unitys canned greeting to dial the ext I'm trying to transfer into.

Anonymous
N/A

Yeah... a number of folks have run into this.

When you call into Unity and it asks you to enter your password, hit * to back up to the "please enter your ID" then hit # to go back to the opening greeting. If you hit * twice it'll hang up on you.

As an alternative you can create a special number folks dial to get into Unity and go directly to the opening greeting (i.e. don't try to automatically log them in from internal extensions). Some folks use this for operators who will be forwarding calls into Unity a lot.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Here's the sequence I've been using. I'd like to think there's a better way.

(transferring a call to extension 5000, w/ 6000 being the first voicemail port)

(TRANSFER)6000*#5000#2

Any ideas on how to clean this up?

Brian Carscadden
SE Manager/Sr. System Engineer
CCNA, CCDA, CIPT, MCP
TransNet Corporation
908 253-0500

Anonymous
N/A

If you set up a phantom back door it might get rid of the step where you back out of the sign-in conversation...

See if my previous advice in http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ipswitch&Number=5311&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=phantom&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=5222 helps with this.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Hi!

How can this be done with the Webattendant? Too bad you can not setup macro's.. Transfer, Voice Mail, move to extension...

don

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content