Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Transfering directly to Voicemail.....

Ok..<br>I need & have all users personal Ext. to allow the Unity Auto attend to have outside calls dial the ext from the opening greeting.... and ring their phone<br><br>BUT<br><br>I also need to have my receptionist transfer phones directly to a persons VM box.<br><br>I don't see how I can do this during business hours.<br><br>I need to have the Subscribers call Transfer setup to ring their phone.... not their greeting...<br><br>Soo.... how can I set call transfers to go directly to the VM greeting????<br><br>The only way I can think of doing this, in my short time working with this system, is to create a second subscriber ext for each user & have the Receptionist forward calls to that ext, which plays a blank greeting & forwards the call to the subscribers main ext greeting...<br><br>Doesn't make much sense to do it that way...<br><br>Thanks for any advice.<br><br>Chris<br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transfering directly to Voicemail.....

Well... that's one way to do it... or you can train the operator to call the Unity auto attendnat and dial the user's extension followed by #2 to over ride the transfer sequence. Probably a bit easier.

Most switches have the capability to forward a call to a voice mail system as busy/rna without calling the extension... this is the proper way to do this type of thing. Call Manager couldn't doesn't have this feature yet but I have it on good authority that it's being worked on as I type.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I did not know about them hitting "2".
Good to know..
The headache is politcal... if someone is at their desk & they don't want to take the call... the receptionist should have the option to forward it to their VM box directly...without the bother of it ringing their phone.

If they are not here.. I told her just to forward it directly to their phone...and let it ring thru until it goes to VM.

Thanks,

Chris

Anonymous
N/A

Just as a matter of clarification, that wuold be #2 not just "2".

-Mike

------------------------------
Michael Perbix
Lower Merion School District
Network Hardware Technician

Views
Helpful
Replies