cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfering From Main Number

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have one user which is having trouble allowing people to punch in his extention from our main number. For example:<br><br>A customer dials 1800-111-1111, then the computer operator comes on and says enter extention now or wait for company directory. If the customer dials the user's extention, it loops the message back to the begining of the computer operator message.<br><br>This is the only use that is occurs for, so I don't belive it is our 800 number provider and it does the same for our local area code main number also, but again only for this user.<br><br>I am thinking it is something to do with the call attendant, but where could I start to figure this out?<br><br>Thank you,<br>W<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Check your Caller Input section and make sure you don't have any actions 'locked' to a particular key, or it may prevent that digit from being used as part of an extension number.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Only the * - Send Caller to Sign-In, 0 - Send caller to Attempt transfer for Operator, and # - Skip greeting are active. 1-9 are set as Ignore Keys.

* and # are set as Locked though. I took those checks off and still had the same issue.

Not applicable

* and # are ok to lock since they are not part of extension numbers (usually).

Do you have the same problem dialing this extension number from another place in the system, for example from within another mailbox or call handler?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Do you mean this;

I dial my voicemail and login, then press *.
I am prompted for an extention, I input xxxx (the number that isn't working correctly)
This brings me back to our main Operator message. "Welcome to Riptech,....blah blah blah"

If I simply dial the extention from my desk phone, which is in the same system, the call connects with no problems.

Not applicable

Maybe you have that problem extension assigned to your opening greeting call handler?

Usually if the system doesn't recognize an extension, you will get a prompt that says so.

If the extension matches your main message, dialing it would always take you there as you describe.

Another possibility is that the extension is assigned to a subscriber, but the subscriber is programmed to return to the main greeting, or has the main greeting copied into their personal greeting.

If it continues to be a mystery, I am sure TAC could get to the bottom of it very quickly.

Good Luck

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Thank you for your help. I will contact TAC and see what the fix is.

W