Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transferred calls not being picked up by Unity

I've got an open case with TAC, but it seems that I'm in the middle of "finger-pointing" between Cisco and Ameritech. Hope you can provide some insight.

What we want is when a call comes in, when the greeting pops in they have the opportunity to press 0 and be transferred to another extension. If the person at that extension does not answer, then it will go to voicemail and they have the opportunity to press 0 to be transferred to another extension and so on....

What is happening is that when the call is transferred to another extension, the phone will ring and ring. Unity will not pick it up. Unity will not pick it up either if the other extension's phone is busy. If I call the extension directly, Unity will pick up.

The first phone is set up for 0 to transfer to another subscriber's extension. The extension that is transferred to is set up for transferred calls to ring the subscribers' extension. I have even tried selecting "ring this subscriber at this number", with the number being 5XXX-XXXX to get outside of the building and come back in and it still doesn't work. If I have transferred calls go directly to the greeting, that will work. I used port monitor and it will go to PHTransfer and back to idle. Nothing picks up after that.

We're running Unity 2.4.6.102 with Centrex.

1 REPLY

Re: Transferred calls not being picked up by Unity

Well gang, no one responded here but I was able to get a work-around. It seems that the problem probably lies with Ameritech as I was using Release to Switch and was relying on Centrex to perform the call forward busy/no answer. This part of Centrex is apparently not working (although getting Ameritech to admit it is really challenging). Currently I'm working around it by having Unity supervise the transfer until I wear down the phone company.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content