Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Transferring direct to Unity voicemail

I've seen all the other posts on this topic regarding a link to a page that tells how to set this up. I set it up using the known method but my customer is stating that this used to work a different way and they do not want to retrain the employees to use the "new" way. They said the old way was done like the following: Users hit the transfer softkey, then the messages key or Unity ext., then the subscribers Extension, then the transfer key again. They said this worked in the past but then suddenly stopped working. Now when they do it the subscribers phone rings. It should work so that the subscriber phone does not ring but instead goes right to voicemail. Does anyone know how this might be set up to work the way they're used to?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES

Re: Transferring direct to Unity voicemail

Make sure they are adding a "#2" after dialing the extension before hitting the final transfer. That forces it to the mailbox - otherwise it will ring the subscriber extension.

Note - this may have behaved differently for some users because this sort of transfer behavior is customizable within Unity's subscriber settings - however, the default setting will require you to add that #2.

- Ken Johnson

LeTourneau University

---------------------------

Attend the 2003 Cisco IP Telephony Users Group Conference

http://www.ciptug.org

Thanks. What subscriber setting are you speaking of? They never had to hit a "#2" in the past. Maybe there is a way to bypass that default setting on Unity so that they don't have to press anything after the extension?

Bronze

Here is the Cisco link explaining the setup for transferring directly to voice mail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

The one thing it doesn't point out clearly is that the DN that you build (in my case *XXXXX) with the Voice Mail Profile: TransferToVM (you also build this)...........be sure to check the field Forward All to Voice Mail. On the first attempt I missed this point and the transfers were still going to the users extension and not to their mailbox.

With this method the transfer works just like you stated above. You have an active call in progress, you press the Transfer softkey, then dial the extension, then press the Transfer softkey to complete the transfer.

I have everything built the way it should but now the CTI route point will not register. It shows up as not found. I rebuilt it and also reset the CTI manager. No go. Arrrrggg!!!

Cisco Employee

In this case the CTI Route Point won't register. But the Forward All to Voice Mail will still work.

HTH

Kev

This CTI RP will not register and does not need to. CTI RPs and Ports are used to give softare a hook into the phone system. For instance when using ICD, the software registers the RP and when the RP number is dialed the software answers and handles the call.

In this case we are just using the CTI RP as a Dummy phone that we can Set forward all calls to VM. We have to use the RP because CM treats it like a real phone and we can transfer to VM from it. We could not use a Translation pattern or RP, because Unity would not recognoze the call as being forwarded from a line that has a mailbox.

Thanks. This makes sense.

Views
Helpful
Replies