Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transferring from Call Handlers

I have taken the route of the hunt groups and set it up on my phone switch. Now, I need to have Unity transfer the call from the Call Handler to an extension. I see the capability of tranferring the call from the Opening Greeting Call Handler to a subscriber's greeting, but I would like for it to transfer to an extension to ring the phone. Can this be done?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Transferring from Call Handlers

Sure… wouldn’t be much of an auto attendant system if we couldn’t transfer callers to an extension!

When you select what action to take on a one key route, on the dialog that pops up for you to select a subscriber you’ll see a drop down box at the bottom that’s labeled “conversation”. By default this is selected as “Send to greeting for”. This skips the phone transfer attempt and sends the caller right to the active greeting for that user. If you select, instead, the “Attempt transfer for” option, we’ll attempt to ring the phone (assuming the subscriber’s transfer settings are active, of course) for that user first.

Works the same way for call handlers as well...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content