cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transform numbers on lost call.

malmodovar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to transform numbers that appears on lost call menu. I want to develope a function that add a 0 on the first position. My only question is on the location of that file, I`ve found others files like xmldirectoy or similar, but where is the file that handles the lost call???

Thanks a lot

6 Replies 6

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

That file is kept in the memory of your phone.. there's no way to access it. If you want to work with calllogs, you have to create your own from scratch.. that means CTI. It's quite an interesting thing to do though.. I recently wrote an app that replaces the internal call log (the internal log is always empty, I keep my own, and for each number I perform various lookups so in the end it's a calllog like on your cellphone.. if a number is known, you have not only the number but also the name.. but unlike a cellphone I can use different directories: ldap, exchange and intranet/internet directories).

My interest is to mask a call log from lose calls. For dial external calls we force put prefix 0 and this prefix does´t appear in logs, so when someone dial some external telephone number from lost call log doesn´t match with any RP (logical).

You would know like doing that in log of lost calls already area code 0 will be inluded from CUCM to this logs?.

I take it you have a route pattern then where the prefix is added, correct?

You can install jtapi from the ccm plugin page and run calltracer to see if jtapi catches the calling number transformation. If not, your only remaining shot is looking at CDRs - or of course you force people to use a leading zero to get an outside line.

However, I don't quite get your scenario.. I mean.. if you have a route pattern that adds a leading zero, and you then go the list of placed calls and dial again, the same pattern will result in the completion of the call. And when we look at missed calls (is that what you mean by lost calls?.. or what is a lost call for you?), its your job as an administrator to make sure the configuration of your pstn gateway and your call manager result in a number that's displayed which can be used to make an outgoing call again.

Hi,

If you have an MGCP gateway, you can prefix 0 via callmanager service parameters. (i.e. national prefix)

If you have a H323 gateway, you can transform all incoming numbers via the callmanager, or insert the 0 in a dial-peer.

HTH

Yes,

but when you make a call a router pattern acts before nothing, later it sends to gateway and a dial-peer acts depending the case. I know how to add a prefix using router pattern and dial-peer but if i do it i need to duplicate all dial-peer:

Now

0.91XXXXXXX

Later

0.91XXXXXXX

91XXXXXXX

I want to transform the number that appears on missed calls berfore arriving to route-pattern using programming. Someoene says that this is a file inside each telephone, but is possible to reach it??

Thanks a lot

Could you give some more details?

E.g. what is the number the PSTN gateway gets for that incoming call in question? What caller number transformations are applied on the gateway to incoming calls? What caller number transformations are applied on the callmanager to incoming calls.

How does the number look on the phone now?

How do you want the number to look on the phone instead of what you have now?

And if you also want to deal with outgoing calls, give the same information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: