cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transformation of calling party number for incoming call

ESB_DJ
Level 1
Level 1

I need to make transformation of calling party number for incoming call (CID) on MGCP gateway. I create transformation rule :

translation-rule 2

Rule 0 ^0. 0

Rule 1 ^1. 0511

Rule 2 ^2. 0512

Rule 3 ^3. 0513

Rule 4 ^4. 0514

Rule 5 ^5. 0515

Rule 6 ^6. 0516

Rule 7 ^7. 0517

Rule 8 ^8. 0518

Rule 9 ^9. 0519

voice-port 1/0:15

translate calling 2

I get unchanged CID on my phone.

6 Replies 6

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

You can use translation patterns in CallManager, so you can change the incoming numbers.

Regards,

Juan Luis

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

It's an easy mistake you've made DJ (I've done it myself) - you need to use the "Voice translation-rule" command, rather than "translation-rule" command.

e.g.:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^1/ /0511/

rule 2 /^2/ /0512/

I try with voice translation rule, but voice translation-rule work only on h.323 gateways not on MGCP gateways.

Naturally - with MGCP everything is backhauled to CM. Changing the CLI is one of the main reasons we use H.323 over MGCP still today.

If you need to use MGCP, then you need to run it through CallManager translation patterns as the previous respondent suggested.

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

I think the other guys have already told you what needs to be done here.

Translation rules apply only to H.323 gateways. As you have an MGCP gateway, everything is handled by the CM and not by the gateway.

SO, in your case, depending on the dialled number, create a translation pattern (after checking which digits are actually sent to the CM from the gateway and to the gateway by the TELCO). Once you know that, create a translation pattern and change the Calling Party Transformation mask to whatever number you want. This way, to whatever phone you send the call to from the translation pattern, it will see the transformed number.

Lemme know incase of any questions.

Yes, I agree with all these persons...Need to go through the CCM Translation PAttern.

However, is there a way to translate Calling depending on the calling party.

When I get a call from internationnal, this call arrives with CID = CC+NSN

I would like to be able to change this, depending on the CC!!!!!

For example, if CC = 33, i remore 33 and put 0 instead.

Anyone has an idea ?