Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Transitioning to E2K and Unity 3.1(5)

On the path from Unity and E55 to E2K, we are about to turn on a two-way primary connection agreement between the recipients container on E55 and the root of our AD domain. I appreciate comments from anyone in the forum if this has caused significant problems for you. So far the only item I turned up in a test lab is that Unity can't import and create a subscriber from an E55 mailbox that was created with the ADUC, until Unity is re-installed to point it at an E2K server and a GC for LDAP. I think it relates to the problem described in Q297007.

We currently have a couple Unity 3.1(5) servers configured for UM. We have too many E55 servers at different locations to pull off a fork-lift replacement - mixed mode will be a way of life for a medium amount of time.

Thanks to one and all for any info you can provide.

1 REPLY

Re: Transitioning to E2K and Unity 3.1(5)

Wally, have a look at the Unity 4.0 Design Guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00801187ba.html

There's a chapter on mixed mode messaging and migrating from Ex55 to E2K. It should answer your questions. Even though this is the 4.0 design guide the same principles apply to any version of 3.0x or 3.1x as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content