Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Translatin Pattern

Hello guys,

Our new branch in NY has the DIDs in the range 40XX. The extensions in Our HQ in Boston are in the range 79XX. I asked telco to route those NY DIDs(40XX) to the Boston PRI but they say it wouldn't be possible before 30 days. I am in a big trouble and need to make this happen today. We have some extra DIDs in the range 75XX that we are not using them for now. My idea is to ask telco to map those 40XX DIDs to 75XX DIDs in Boston and unsing Translation Pattern in CCM to route the incoming calls to NY. The caller will dial 21279840XX. The Telco will map the 40XX to 75XX and will send it to our Gateway in Boston. I configure a dial-peer with destination-pattern 75.. and the session target <<CCM IP Address>>. The digits represented to CCM will be in the ragne 75XX. By creating some Translation Pattern, I will remap the 75XX to 40XX and send it to NY (On Net). The 40XX extensions are already configured in the CCM. Could you please let me know if this is possible and how can I make this happen in the CCM. Do I need to creat any new dialpeer in the gateway for 75XX extensions?

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Translatin Pattern

If we already recieve the phone call from telco, please create a TP like 75.XX, then on the discard digits select PREDOT and fot the prefix add 45, that way, you will if I dial 7585 it will be translated to 4585. Also, please make sure to select the right CSS. this is just an example, if you want to re route this call through the gateway, make sure to add all the necesary digits under to prefix digits box in order to match a RP.

Views
Helpful
Replies