Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Translation 911 to 9911

I have 75 remote sites in Centralized Model. each site will have its own 9911 Route Pattern routing to the Local Gateway. I have to configure another route pattern 911 for the users who wants to call just 911. In order to minimize the number of route patterns, Can I configure a single Translation Pattern 911 and prefix it with 9 for all the sites. Just wanted to make sure it will work. I have different Partitions and different CSS for every site.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Translation 911 to 9911

Using a single translation pattern, you will not be able to use 911 for all 75 sites.

When you create a translation pattern for 911, you will assign a CSS to the translation pattern and that decides to which local gateway the call should be send to. Since you are having 75 sites, each with different CSS, you would need to configure a different translation pattern for each of them.

It would be easier to configure another route pattern 911 for each site.

but I am going to have 9.911 route pattern already. So my Idea was to just translate from 911 to 9.911 and send it to 9.911 route pattern. I am not planning to send it to gateway though. Thats just for translation for the users who are dialing 911.

The only problem is that the translation pattern is partition and CCS specific.

make it easier and just setup another route pattern and copy it 75 times and change the Partition and GW.

Views
Helpful
Replies