Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Translation Pattern for Inbound CallerID

I have used the National Prefix parameter in CallManager Advanced Service Parameters to add a 91 to all inbound calls so if a person dials directly from Missed Calls on the IP Phone the call does not need to be edited. I would like to take it a step further and when the callerid displays on the phone that the 91 is removed, yet in missed calls the 91 is still added. I have tried several translation patterns with no success. Has anyone done this in combination with the National Prefix parameter and a translation pattern?

Thanks!!!

Adam

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Translation Pattern for Inbound CallerID

One solution to your problem is to use the "edit dial" softkey on the 7960 ip phones (are these in use?) and edit before redialing which is not a very efficent work-around.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4a34.html

Thanks for your reply. We implemented the addition of 91 so the user would stop complaining about having to use the editdial softkey. You just can't seem to keep users happy these days. Anyway, I feel I am well versed in translation patters, this is the first one I have not been able to make work. I think the problem is this. Forgot to add this to the first post. All calls go to Unity first which are answered by and Auto Attendant. From the AA callers can dial the users 4 digit extension and be transfered. At first, the callerid on the phone shows from VM xxxx, then it changes to 91xxxxxxxxxx. I think the reason I cannot get the translation pattern to work is because of the call coming from VM instead of directly to the phone.

Thanks!!!

Adam

I am trying to do the same, but still with no luck :/

Unity is doing a transfer and so the original callerID is not available until the transfer to switch is released.

This works for us on cme 3.4

voice translation-rule 5

rule 1 /^915\(.*\)/ /9\1/

rule 2 /^52\(..........$\)/ /901152\1/

rule 3 /^1\(..........$\)/ /91\1/

rule 4 /^\(..........$\)/ /91\1/

Rule 1 is to strip our local area code (915) el paso and add our dial out prefix (9).

Rule 2 is to add the international prefix (011) to numbers coming from Mexico. Numbers from Mexico come into the pri bearing 12 digits. (52 plus the 10 digits for the number.)

Rule 3 is to add the prefix 9 to numbers that come in with 11 digits (we have seen a few) so that a number that comes in like this: 19567727943 is translated to 919567727943.

Rule 4 is to add the prefix 91 to the standard 10 digit numbers that do not have our area code.

Hope this helps.

I got this working for a week by accident. I have tge same translation pattern to make our users happy. When I upgraded to 2811 H.323 gateways, I was using the default SP Services 12.3 IOS. For a whole week, all calls that were answered would appear as 10 digit numbers, but in their missed and received calls list, it would show the 91 in front of the 10 digits.

After a week, I realized I was on an SP Services IOS, I went changed it to a 12.4 IP Voice IOS. I then lost this feature. I tried downgrading to the SP Services 12.3 IOS, but my voice features would not work somehow. I'm really perplexed on how I got it working that week, but maybe this post can lead others to finding a solution for us.

H323 Gateways would simplify implenting the translations, but we are using MGCP. This is where I cannot get it to translate properly....from the MGCP gateway to CCM the to Unity, then to the phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies