cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

translation pattern is SRST does not work

Folks,

We have a special need in which are phones who have different extensions that DIDs coming in should work seeminglessly in SRST as well. When the callmanager is up, it does the translation, but in SRST mode the router should the translation. I was reading on CCO that this feature is supported in SRST but it did not seem to work. Here is the config.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /6590/

!

!

voice translation-profile voice

translate called 10

call-manager-fallback

secondary-dialtone 9

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

limit-dn 7940 2

limit-dn 7960 6

ip source-address x.x.x.x port 2000

max-ephones 48

max-dn 48

system message primary Circuit down fallback enabled

system message secondary Fallback Mode

voicemail 91xxxxxxxxx

no huntstop

translation-profile outgoing voice

When i run a debug voice translation this is what i get while in SRST mode

OrlandoD4(cfg-translation-profile)#translate calling 10

OrlandoD4(cfg-translation-profile)#no translate calling 10

Apr 23 18:29:54.479: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/RXRULE/regxrule_get_profile_from_trunkgro

up_internal: Voice port 0x67425B44 does not belong to any trunk group

Apr 23 18:29:54.479: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/RXRULE/regxrule_get_profile_from_trunkgro

Apr 23 18:29:54.483: //-1/FE6D6631831B/RXRULE/regxrule_stack_pop_RegXruleNumInfo

: stack=0x672D5A70; count=1

Apr 23 18:29:54.483: %CALL_CONTROL-6-APP_NOT_FOUND: Application mgcpapp in dial-

peer 99999 not found. Handing callid 56927 to the alternate app DEFAULT.

Apr 23 18:29:54.487: //-1/FE6D6631831B/RXRULE/regxrule_stack_push_RegXruleNumInf

o: stack=0x672D5A70; count=0

Apr 23 18:29:54.623: //-1/FE6D6631831B/RXRULE/regxrule_stack_pop_RegXruleNumInfo

: stack=0x672D5A70; count=1

Apr 23 18:30:09.099: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/RXRULE/regxrule_get_profile_from_trunkgro

Apr 23 18:30:09.099: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/RXRULE/regxrule_get_profile_from_trunkgro

Apr 23 18:30:09.103: //-1/07243ABB831C/RXRULE/regxrule_stack_pop_RegXruleNumInfo

: stack=0x672D5824; count=1

When I place the same translation pattern under a dial-peer associated with the PRI port everything works fine,but, I am not sure of this is the right way to do as CCO does have have any example of applying the translation profile under a dialpeer.

dial-peer voice 99999 pots

translation-profile outgoing voice

service mgcpapp

destination-pattern 9T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/0:23

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: translation pattern is SRST does not work

The way all our customer configure this is under dial-peer. Second arrprocah can be under voice-port but since you are planning to have thsi only under SRST its better to put it under dial-peer.

Regards,

Jay

Community Member

Jay,

Many thanks for the response. Did you try putting the translation pattern under the call-manager-fallback command, just like cisco recommends it. it did not seem to work for me. Here is the URL for a sample config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^.*/ /5551234/

!

!

voice translation-profile srst-in

translate calling 1

!

call-manager-fallback

translation-profile incoming srst-in

Would you approve of my approaching, looking at my config?? any recommendations?

Silver

You need to apply the translation-profile to the incoming direction of the call. For example

call-manager-fallback

translation-profile incoming voice

This is because from the router's perspective, it is an incoming call to the router (eventhough it is an outgoing call for the IP Phone). Hence you need to use the incoming keyword on the translation-profile.

Regards,

Anup

Community Member

Anup,

Thanks for the response, Yes I did try it inbound as well, but it still did not work. Do you have it working?

Community Member

What is the version of the code you are running on the router and I hope the SRST version is 3.2.

Community Member

Can you please explain in detail what exactly you want to achieve.

Cause I was going through your configuration and something doesnt seem right.

In SRST router operates in H323, its not MGCP anymore so if you place the traslation profile in the mgcp dial-peer it is not suppose to work during SRST. In SRST you need to build separate dial-peers without any "application mgcp" commands in there. If you can explain your requirement I can try to set it up in my lab and test.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content