Views
Helpful
Replies

translation pattern question

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

will it work if I make a translation pattern 8985772 (exact match- the number a user dials) with called party transformation mask 1400 (specific directory number)?

8 Replies 8

mstotz
Level 1
Level 1

The answer is just that simple. Yes, it will work!

best regards

Michael

well thanks, but it does not work for me!!!! I have also tried using num-exp and dial-peer on the router (the call comes from a branch router with did) but still it did not work.

Are you actually getting 8985772 in the signalling into CCM? What is shown on the "debug cch323 ..." or "debug voip ccapi in"from the router. Whats in the CCM Trace if you enable it?

If you are using num-exp on the router, this happens before the match for the dial-peer occurs to match the dest-pattern pointing to CCM.

The translation pattern to the CM is the first way I tried, the voip dial-peer and the num-exp is the second way.In the first way, from the debug on the router I can see that it sends the number 8985772 to the CM. From the trace on the CCM I can see it gets the number but it does nothing. It does not use the translation pattern to route the call.

In the second way I do not expect the call to be routed based on the translation pattern, because as you also say, it is already transformed to the internal number.

Can a phone on your CCM dial 8985772 and reach 1400? CCM should never send that call to your gateway/gatekeeper since it is translated as 'local' to the CCM. If it doesn't work locally, then you probably have a partition/CSS issue to deal with. I would have the translation defined as: '8985772.', Do not provide DT, Delete PreDot, and use the "Called Party Transformation Mask" to place 1400. Make sure to place the call into a CSS that contains 1400, and that the partition the translation "listens" in is also where the call is coming from.

Hello Ioanna,

You need to take Rory’s advice and trace the call on Call Manager. You can test your translation pattern by simply dialing the number “8985772” from an internal phone. An internally dialed number will be translated by the digit analysis program in the exact same manner as dialed digits coming in from the outside. It should be translated to the internal number.

This brings us to a second possibility, are you using Partitions and Calling Search Spaces? If so, you might never get to the translation pattern with the dialed digits.

Bob

Hi,

I also think it is a problem with partitions and CSSs. I cannot decide which partition to use. I tried using the internal partition -where the internal numbers belong- but still I could not make the call. As far as the CSS is concerned, all of them contain the internal partition.What if for this number I do not use partitions and CSSs at all?

Yanna

Hello Yanna,

The partition and calling search space you use must impact the translation pattern. You cannot directly control dialed digits sent to you. If you look at the translation pattern configuration you will notice boxes to specify partition and calling search space in the administration screen. Filling in these boxes will not impact the original digits coming in but will impact the translated digits. Having said this, you must insure that the translation pattern has the directory number 1400 in its calling search space.

Bob