Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Translation pattern to external number

I was able to setup a translation pattern to an external number in Call Manager, but I'm having trouble with caller ID.

Internally, if you dial the 3-digit translation, the calling party is able to correctly identify the caller ID. If you dial the full 10-digit DID from an external number, the call is properly forwarded but the calling party does not see the caller's ID. I think I'm missing a step in the translation mask, and I'm inclined to just use call forwarding from the phone. Any help would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Translation pattern to external number

Yes, that is correct. One option would be to create a new partition, calling search space, and route pattern for this purpose. For example,

Partition - P_ForwardCalls

Calling Search Space - CSS_ForwardCalls - the only partition accessible by this CSS should be P_ForwardCalls

Route Pattern - same as your current LD route pattern, but in partition P_ForwardCalls and remove the Calling Party Transform Mask

Translation Pattern - change the CSS to CSS_ForwardCalls

You could also enter the External Phone Number Mask for all of your DNs, check the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask box, and remove the Calling Party Transform Mask on your route patterns.

Brandon

6 REPLIES

Take a look at the following link regarding Calling Party Presentation and Restriction Settings. Check the presentation settings at the gateway, translation pattern, and route pattern levels.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1046865

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for the help. Upon further inspection, I don't think it has to do with the presentation settings. It seems we have have a calling party transform mask on the route pattern which is causing the caller ID to be masked. Is there a way to have the calling party transform on the route pattern but not the translation pattern?

Yes, you could have the calling party transformation on the route pattern and not the translation pattern, but that still doesn't explain how it works from an internal number, but not from an external. Could you give an example or screenshots of your translation patter, route pattern, called, and calling numbers?

Brandon

No problem...thanks again for the help. I've attached screens of the route pattern and translation pattern. When I call the translation 671 from an internal phone (3102285XXX) the caller ID works. But when you call translation 671 from an external number, the caller ID mask is wrong. For example, if I call translation 671 from my cell phone (3107134022) the caller ID says that I'm calling from (3102285022). I'm assuming this is because of the calling party transform mask on the route pattern of long distance calls.

Yes, that is correct. One option would be to create a new partition, calling search space, and route pattern for this purpose. For example,

Partition - P_ForwardCalls

Calling Search Space - CSS_ForwardCalls - the only partition accessible by this CSS should be P_ForwardCalls

Route Pattern - same as your current LD route pattern, but in partition P_ForwardCalls and remove the Calling Party Transform Mask

Translation Pattern - change the CSS to CSS_ForwardCalls

You could also enter the External Phone Number Mask for all of your DNs, check the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask box, and remove the Calling Party Transform Mask on your route patterns.

Brandon

Thanks again for all the help....I just created a new route pattern for this translation (w/o the transform mask) and it seems to have done the trick!

Views
Helpful
Replies