Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Translation Pattern

I have set up a partition /CSS and TP top hide caller ID (nternally). This works fine when you specify the exact dialed number i.e 2115 in the TP. only when I use wild cards like 2XXX in the TP it does not work i,e the caller id is displayed.

the CSS for my phone can only see the partition with the TP in the TP has a CSS for all phones.

Have I missed some thing obvious?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Translation Pattern

Because you are using the wild card 2xxx in the TP when a call comes in for 2115, it will remain 2115. If you change the wild card for 1xxx then when a call comes in for 2115 it will be changed to 1115.

You can try to change it from 2xxx to 2000 so that any call going for 2115 will be changed to 2000.

I am not really sure what you mean.

we have 4 phones that when they dial any one else internally they want to hide there extension number. so I set up a new Partition , new CSS and a Translation pattern.

the TP is XXXX ( as we have 4 digit extensions) and on the calling number I just restrict the caller ID

on the 4 phones I have just changed the CSS to only see the new partition (with the new TP in)

so what I expect to happen is when one of these phone dials any 4 digit extension it goes through the TP and the TP hides there extension number. This only works when you specify an exact number eg. 2001 in the TP.

Thanks, sorry for any confusion

Bronze

hi,

i would control the: "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" flag on the destination phone.

When you set the "Ignore Presentation Indicators (internal calls only)" field,CallManager always displays the remote party's call information if the other party is internal.

can you try it with a TP such as [1-9]xxx ?

for detailed information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a9e.html#wp1027378

greetings

mehmet

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content