Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation Pattern

Hello guys,

Our new branch in NY has the DIDs in the range 40XX. The extensions in Our HQ in Boston are in the range 79XX. I asked telco to route those NY DIDs(40XX) to the Boston PRI but they say it wouldn't be possible before 30 days. I am in a big trouble and need to make this happen today. We have some extra DIDs in the range 75XX that we are not using them for now. My idea is to ask telco to map those 40XX DIDs to 75XX DIDs in Boston and use Translation Pattern in CCM to route the incoming calls to NY.

Long story short,

The caller will dial 21279840XX. The Telco will map the 40XX to 75XX and will send it to our Gateway in Boston. I configure a dial-peer with destination-pattern 75.. and the session target <<CCM IP Address>>. The digits represented to CCM will be in the ragne 75XX. By creating some Translation Pattern, I will remap the 75XX to 40XX and send it to NY (On Net). The 40XX extensions are already configured in the CCM. Could you please let me know if this is possible and how can I make this happen in the CCM. Do I need to creat any new dialpeer in the gateway for 75XX extensions?

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Translation Pattern

Just like you said all you need to do is create a TP that translates 75XX to 40XX, so here is what you do:

Create a new TP 75XX, under transform called number enter 40XX, make sure that the parition assigned to this TP is included in the GW CSS, also make sure that the CSS assigned to this TP has access to the phone's partition. That's it!

There are other options, such as creating translation rule or num-exp on the GW, but the TP is the easiest.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content