Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Translation patterns for 7960 missed/recieved calls menu

Hi

I'd like to manipulate the calling party numbers so user don't have to use the Edit Dial button on the missed calls menu. I can insert the access code (9) without any problem but all incoming calls are displaying 10 digits. As a result if the number requires 7 digit dialing the call is rejected. I need to differentiate between calls within the local area code that require 11 digit dialing and calls within the local area code that require 7 digit dialing.

The only way I can think to do this is to look at the office codes. This would require me to know all the local office codes and make a separate translation pattern for each.

Am I going about this the right way or is there an easier solution?

thanks

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Translation patterns for 7960 missed/recieved calls menu

Your approach is right. Translation patterns will accomplish the stated goal, and will be useful if the majority of the calls expected will be long distance calls. If calls come in from local sources and caller id info is provided, the users will need to edit the number and delete the digit before dialing it.

As you are already inserting the 9, why not just build a route filter which contains all the local codes and assign it to a route pattern with the 9.@, then delete the digits you want using one of the discard digit options.

You will still need to know what all the local codes are but you will only have to build a single route filter rather than a number of translation patterns.

Paul

Blue

Why don't you just prefix the 9 on incoming calls. That way in the Missed and Received Calls you will have the 9.

If you are using H.323 do the following:

Configure a translation rule on the gw to prepend the 9 in the calling party number:

translation-rule 1 <-----

Rule 1 ^0.% 90

Rule 2 ^1.% 91

Rule 3 ^2.% 92

Rule 4 ^3.% 93

Rule 5 ^4.% 94

Rule 6 ^5.% 95

Rule 7 ^6.% 96

Rule 8 ^7.% 97

Rule 9 ^8.% 98

Rule 10 ^9.% 99

Dial-peer voice 1 voip

Translate outgoing calling 1 <-------

Destination-pattern 4...

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

If you are using MGCP:

-Create a partition called "Incoming_Translate" and a CSS of "CSS_Incoming_Translate".

-Create a translation pattern that matches user DN's on the system. It can be all x's for simplicity.

-Set the 'Calling Party Transfomations', Prefix Digits to the access code. i.e. 9 (Note: a 1 may be needed for Long distance calls) -Set the partition to "Incoming_Translate"

-Set the CSS to a CSS that can find the phone DN's -On the GW, set the CSS to "CSS_Incoming_Translate"

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content