Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Translation patterns for incomming calls

Hi all,

would have 2 questions regarding the translation patters for incomming calls.

First:

Did configured a translation pattern 5XXX, in partition p_Inbound. Prefix '0' to all calling party numbers, and it did not work. So I tried to change the translation pattern, and transform called party to my extension (5223) and it worked - it prefix the leading '0', but when I changed the transform called field to 5XXX it again stoped working.

Second:

we do have 2 PSTN connections, the second is just for incomming calls, and has different phone no. so I created a translation-rule on the GW, which modifies the called number to 1...On the callmanager I created a translation patter 1XXX in partition p_Inbound, and transleted the called ph. number to 5XXX. It worked fine, but not for the 52XX extensions. When I looked into the CCM log, it looked like the translation rule was not applied - the called no in the log appears as 12XX. For all other numbers it worked fine. So than I tried to prefix 3 on the GW, changed the Translation patter appropriatelly, and it's working. (we do use 1XXX phone ext. for lobby phones - but those numbers varies from 1000 - 1400)

Any ideas ?

Cheers in advance.

Jan

5 REPLIES

Re: Translation patterns for incomming calls

Hello Jan,

First Question:

What are you trying to change to what? If you have 5XXX as the translation pattern and 5XXX as the called party transform mask you have just looped the call back to the translation pattern. Where do you want the “0” placed?

Second Question:

Are the called numbers in the 52XX range conflicting with any other numbers? You can use the Route Plan Report “View in File” option to get all of your numbers. View in File will produce a CSV file that you can read into Excel or Access and then search for 52XX type numbers.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

what I need to do in the first question, is, prefix '0' to all inbound calling partys phone numbers - so our users would not have to use the soft 'EditDial' key to manually enter the 0 which is the outside line access code in the Missed and/or Received calls phone menu.

Cheers

Jan

Jan,

Remove the prefix "0" and use a calling party transform mask of "0XXXX" on the translation pattern of 5XXX.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob,

just tried that - still the same - no '0' at the beginning :( only when I changed the 5XXX to a fixed number for example 5223 - mine phone line it worked well. As soon as I updated the translation pattern from 5223 to 5XXX it just stopped working.

Jan

Is there anything else in this partition? My guess is that there is another route pattern, translation pattern or device (perhaps the users phone itself) that is trumping the translation pattern. Also, if the GW's CSS has multiple partition's listed, I beleive CM will search all listed partitions for the longest match. In order for this to work, the GW's CSS must contain only the p_inbound partition, and the Translation pattern must be the only thing in that partition. Then give the translation pattern the CSS that contains you users' phones.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content