Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation rule error

Hello,

I have CCM 3.3.4, H.323 gateway connected to office PBX and several ip phones.

When call is coming from PBX, I need to translate called number to the different number (ex: from PBX I’m calling number 418, my gateway must translate this number to 511, and transfer this call to ip phone with this number).

Results:

I’m calling from PBX to number 511 (no translation) – everything is ok (ip phone is ringing).

I’m calling from PBX to number 418 (number must be translated) – not working.

Debug shows:

replace_string match_tmp 418,replace 511

xrule_translation Return rc = 0 any_match 0

xrule_checking Return rc = 0

%VOICE_IEC-3-GW: Application Framework: Internal Error (Incompatible protocols): IEC=1.1.47.3.23.0 on callID -1

My translation rules configuration:

!

voip-incoming translation-rule called 1

!

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 392 511

Rule 1 418 511

!

Maybe someone knows how to be in this situation?

Nerijus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Translation rule error

After further review (basically looking at the type of translation rule used), I think you want to put your translation on a dial peer. The VoIP-incoming is used for incoming H.323 calls (that is, calls from an H.323 client).

Assuming you have a PBX -> T1 -> Gateway -> CM/Destination type setup, your call is actually coming in a POTS peer, not H.323. So in essence, the router finds a match when its making the H.323 call to your other endpoint and having a problem invoking a proper call type because of when the translation is occuring.

Move your translation to a pots peer and this should work just fine.

3 REPLIES

Can you post the whole config (or email?), it is possible something else due to dial-peers is occuring.

To further debug, you may also use the "test" command from enable mode. "test translation-rule" or "test voice translation-rule".

From the debug you posted above, it sounds like the translation is occuring, it somehow is sending the call to the wrong place/application.

After further review (basically looking at the type of translation rule used), I think you want to put your translation on a dial peer. The VoIP-incoming is used for incoming H.323 calls (that is, calls from an H.323 client).

Assuming you have a PBX -> T1 -> Gateway -> CM/Destination type setup, your call is actually coming in a POTS peer, not H.323. So in essence, the router finds a match when its making the H.323 call to your other endpoint and having a problem invoking a proper call type because of when the translation is occuring.

Move your translation to a pots peer and this should work just fine.

You was right.

I moved my translation rule to voice-port and now it is working (my call, actually, is coming from voice port).

Thanks very much.

Nerijus

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content