Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Translation Rule '/' not working

I'm trying to use the translation rules, but the '/' doesn't seem to work on my statement line.

I would like to strip the 9 off the outgoing dialed calls and have implemented the following:

translation-rule 1

Rule 1 ^90 0

Rule 2 ^91 1

Rule 3 ^92 2

Rule 4 ^93 3

Rule 5 ^94 4

Rule 6 ^95 5

Rule 7 ^96 6

Rule 8 ^97 7

Rule 9 ^98 8

Rule 10 ^99 9

There is however an annoying delay before the call is completed. It seems according to some documentation that I need to create a wildcard rule to match all numbers to help eliminate this delay. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to accept a rule 11.

Any suggestions on a direction to go with this?

Re: Translation Rule '/' not working

I believe you should be using "voice translation-rule 1" instead of "translation-rule 1".

Community Member

I'm assuming this is a gateway using dial-peers. I would strip the 9 of at the dial-peer level instead of translations. Assume your voice port is a PRI on 1/0:23. Actually digits matched are stripped..hence the prefix of adding the correct digits back before going out to the PSTN.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description Incoming Calls from PSTN

incoming called-number .

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description 911 calls

destination-pattern 911

prefix 911

port 1/0:23

dial-peer voice 3 pots

description 9911 calls

destination-pattern 9911

prefix 911

dial-peer voice 4 pots

description Local 7-digit dialing

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description Long Distance

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

prefix 1

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description International

destination-pattern 9011T

prefix 011

If Local dialing is 10-digit, replace destination pattern with 9[2-9]..[2-9]...... on dial-peer 4.

Community Member

Thank you for the responses. Yes it is a gateway using dial peers. But it is a SIP gateway. Which doesn't allow for me to use the prefix command.

Taken from:

"This command is applicable only to plain old telephone service (POTS) dial peers. This command applies to off-ramp store-and-forward fax functions. "

Any other suggestions?

CreatePlease to create content