Views
Helpful
Replies

translation-rule not working

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I want calling number to be translated from 0xxx to 6176780xxx.

here is what i did, but when i see the debug isdn q931 output it still shows me the calling number is 0xxx

here is my config:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /6175780/

dial-peer voice 1004 pots

destination-pattern 81[2-9].........

translate-outgoing calling 1

incoming called-number .

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits 11

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

An outbound call to 0xxx would not hit this dial peer because the destination-pattern would not be matched. You would need a dial peer with destination-pattern 0xxx and then your translation should work.

Update:

Sorry, I was thinking about dialing 0xxx instead of the calling number being 0xxx. Try using a translation profile as described in the following link and enabling it on the dial-peer in the incoming direction such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /6175780/

voice translation profile profilename

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 1004 pots

destination-pattern 81[2-9].........

translation-profile incoming profilename

incoming called-number .

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits 11

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

the dialing number is 0xxx and the dialed number is 81xxxxxxxxxx. i hope this helps. i want to change the calling number not the called number, hence i use calling number.

Thanks

Sorry, I realized my mistake after posting. Please see the update located in my previous post.

Brandon

I think that profile should work, but it will have to go on outgoing, since he wants to translate the calling number on his way out of the pots peer, towards the pstn switch.

If it does not work there, I think he could try applying it on the voice port and see what that does - I have found these things to be a little weird sometimes. Or, incoming on the voip peer. There are some debugs you can do:

debug voice translation

test voice translation-rule

It gets confusing because there was the old translation rule stuff, and now the new voice translation rule stuff - you have to remember which one you are using. Here is a link with some helpful info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#tshoot

Mary Beth

Mary Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: