Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble Dialing International Numbers

bpierson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We currently have a 7825 call manager connecting to a 4604 gateway blade on a 4006. We are connected to a 5ess Phone switch at the CO and can dial long distance numbers nationwide, but when we dial international numbers, it pauses for like 10-15 seconds and then gives us a fast busy signal. I do have the debugs if anyone would like to see them. I took a debug of an international call being placed. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can try, I would appreciate it. The email address is not the one that came with this post, but rather cbrimmer@foleylaw.com

Thanks.

Christopher Brimmer

Network Engineer - Milwaukee

Foley & Lardner - Attorneys-at-Law

E-mail: cbrimmer@foleylaw.com

3 Replies 3

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who had a similar problem. They had AT&T PRI service from a 4ESS switch and were getting reorder tone whenever they tried to dial an international call.

Turns out Call Manager was sending the called number type = international to the 4ESS. Once they received it, they did not want to see the "011" code. I fixed it by changing the "called Party IE Number Type" from "call manager" to "Unknown" in the call manager PRI admin screen. Could also have added a route pattern "9011.!" and set the "discarded digit" to "predot".

Rob

yuenme
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of reject code you have received in ISDN trace ? I would like to take a look at it. Pls send it to keith_yam@hotmail.com

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this problem is still not resolved, can you please post the output of debug isdn q931 taken from the 4604 gateway when the call failed?