Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trouble Forwarding to Extension

I setup a Call Handler "After Hours" to transfer calls to a specific extension. Instead it always plays the Call Handlers opening greeting. <br><br>How do I make it stop playing the greeting and just transfer to the extension? I have the "Send caller to Attempt transfer for After Hours" setup in its predecessor Call Handler.<br><br>Thanks<br><br><br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Trouble Forwarding to Extension

not sure I'm following your scenario... how are calls getting to the call handler in question? Are they not getting to your call handler at all (i.e. they're going to the opening greeting when they shouldn't be) or is the problem they are getting there but the action is taking it to the opening greeting?

You can determine where calls are going by using the CallViewer.exe tool found in the tools depot (or you can get it at \commserver\). This will show the objects the call is passing through to see if it's hitting your handler and then going to the opening greeting or if the opening greeting is handling it from the get-go.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I can't see from CallViewer, but I can see from StatusMonitor. They are getting to the call handler in question. Also, if I change the its greating, I get a changed response, but still no transfer.

Anonymous
N/A

So you have an extension assigned to this call handler and calls are forwarding into Unity and going right to this handler? If that's the case then the transfer rule for the call handler is ignored on purpose... this is to avoid a "transfer loop" where a call handler releases a call to an extension which forwards back to unity which then transfers to the extension again etc...

Couple of ways to handle this situation. If you don't want to do anything with the after hours action on that handler other than transfer to this number you can setup the greeting as blank and have an after greeting action of "attempt transfer for" the same call handler (i.e. loop it back to itself). since the "ignore transfer" flag is cleared as soon as the call handler is hit looping back to itself again will allow it to evaluate the transfer rule and it should trigger the transfer.

If that's not the case, I'll need to get some more details about how calls in this scenario are hitting the system (direct, forwarded) and how they end up at this handler and how the handler is configured to speculate further as to what's going on...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Nope no extension has been assigned, also I tried "blank" and forward to itself but no luck with that either. Although it did send an error, “A conversation error has occurred sending a caller to the fail safe conversation”.

I'll try to explain more clearly.

I have CM setup to forward calls to 5000 if ring no answer. I have a Forwarded Calls Routing Rule setup to receive calls from this extension (2000) that sends them to the Opening Greeting. Inside the Opening Greeting I have a Caller Input key map assigned (1) which says “Press 1 for after hours service”. For Key :1 I have “Send call to Call Handler – Attempt Transfer for After Hours”.

The “After Hours” Call Handler has been left in its default configuration except under Call Transfer, I checked Yes, ring a subscriber at the extension: 2010.

The Call Handler “After Hours” seems to be working but instead of transferring it plays its default system greeting.

One more thing. This worked with 3.1(2) and stopped when I upgraded to 3.1(3).

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your help.

Anonymous
N/A

hmmm... nothing I know of along these lines has broken of late. Have you tried activating the alternate transfer rule and using that to be sure you aren't triggering on the wrong rule by chance? I normally reccomend using this guy for testing since then there's no question about which transfer rule is being evaluated...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I got it to work, but I had to create another Call Handler based on an existing Call Handler (Operator). This is the only way it will work. Every time I add a new Call Handler from scratch, I get the same result.

Thanks

Anonymous
N/A

hmmm... sounds like a ghost of a problem that we had back in the 2.4 line where some of the contact rules (transfers) and messaging rules (greetings) got into weird states that would not trigger properly. any chance I can get into your system for a few minutes and take a look at your default call handler template to see what it looks like?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies